- 1Iranian religious leaders call for death penalty for leaders of the popular demonstrations. At his five-day prayers sermon, hard line cleric Ahmad Khatami (who is close to the hard line faction of President ...
- 2“I am hardly to be suspected in the pro-Western position, but in relation to gas sale to Russia, I would advise to Azerbaijan measure thrice and cut once. Russia a country that it is not always complied ...
© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1829 The Russian army occupies Karin (Erzroom, Western Armenia).
- 1862 The Turkish Army led by Aziz pasha leave Marash towards Zeitoon.
- 1949 Opening of the Second Congress of Soviet Armenia's architects.
- 1980 The Armenian Government institutes annual bonuses named after Toomanyan, Issahakyan, Demirchyan, Soondukyan, Nalbandyan, and Zoryan.