PHOBIA OF DEATH SPREAD AMONG ARMENIAN SOCIETY - PSYCHOLOGIST
YEREVAN. - Every fourth person in the Armenian society suffers a phobia and their number increases year by year, psychologist Samvel Khudoyan told Armenian News-NEWS.am.
According to him, the fear of death is the most wide spread phobia in the Armenian society.
"Phobias recognize no nationality and may appear in various age groups starting from the very young age up to the elder age," he said. "The more illogical the phobia is, the more difficult the case is. Phobias have a serious impact on people's health and psychic."
- 1YEREVAN.- The leader of Heritage Party Raffi Hovannisian announced his intention to run for Armenia's presidency. Hovannisian's statement was made on the eve of Armenia's Independence Day. Stressing that ...
- 1827 Russian forces occupy Fort Sardarapat.
- 1854 The Battle of Alma in the Crimea.
- 1908 Birth of Catholicos Vazgen the First. He died in 1994.
- 1918 A British Army firing squad summarily murders the 26 Baku Commissars of the Baku Commune (including Stepan Shahoomyan) somewhere on the shores of the Caspian Sea.
- 1962 The Presidium of the USSR Supreme Soviet awards composer Avet Avetisyan the title of People's Artist of the USSR.
- 1990 The Azeri Turk attack on Martooni (Artsakh) is repulsed.
- 1992 Artsakh unsuccessfully petitions the United Nations, the Commonwealth of Independent States and other countries for recognition of its independence.