OPPOSITION IS FORMED IN NAGORNO-KARABAKH - POLITICAL ANALYST
YEREVAN.- The opposition is formed in Nagorno-Karabakh as an efficient public institute, Director of Caucasus Institute Alexander Iskandaryan told reporters on Friday.
The political analyst commented on the presidential election held in Nagorno-Karabakh on Thursday.
"Opposition candidate Vitaly Balasanyan was supported by one third of voters. Although, he was not supported by any of five political parties, some colleagues MPs voiced their support for Balasanyan," he said.
An opposition parliament group may be formed based on the voters of Balasanyan, he added.
- 1797 Catholicos Ghookas Karnesi writes a letter to Tsar Paul the First, asking for help.
- 1885 Mkrtich Portoogalyan publishes the "Armenie" newspaper in Marseilles (France). It lasts till 1923.
- 1885 M. Portoogalian publishes the "Armenia" weekly in Marseilles (France).
- 1891 Death of writer Garegin Beshgyeotyoorian ("Sring").
- 1914 Secret military treaty is signed between Germany and Turkey in Constantinople.
- 1928 Birth of Minas Avetissyan (artist). He was murdered by the Soviet Police in 1975.
- 1955 Death of Galoost Qelpenjian.
- 1965 Death of Armen Armenian. He was born in 1871.