ARMENIAN-IRANIAN JOINT PROGRAMS ARE AT GOVERNMENT'S FOCUS - PM SARGSYAN
YEREVAN. - Armenia's Premier Tigran Sargsyan received Iran's newly-appointed Ambassador to Armenia, Mohammad Reisi.
"We highly assess the Armenian-Iranian relations and we are obligated to exert efforts toward developing them," said the PM. Sargsyan also noted that the Armenian-Iranian joint programs are at the focus of the Government of Armenia.
In his turn, Ambassador Reisi conveyed Iranian First Vice President Mohammad Reza Rahimi's warm greetings to Armenia's Premiere. Mohammad Reisi stressed that Iran attaches great importance to its relations with Armenia, and he expressed his readiness to do his utmost toward developing these ties.
The interlocutors expressed a conviction that there is a huge potential to expand the current trade turnover between Armenia and Iran. They also reflected on the large-scale joint projects and discussed other programs of mutual interest.
In addition, Armenia's PM appreciated the Iranian authorities' balanced position, with respect to settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, and noted that this position contributes to guaranteeing regional stability.
- 1797 Catholicos Ghookas Karnesi writes a letter to Tsar Paul the First, asking for help.
- 1885 Mkrtich Portoogalyan publishes the "Armenie" newspaper in Marseilles (France). It lasts till 1923.
- 1885 M. Portoogalian publishes the "Armenia" weekly in Marseilles (France).
- 1891 Death of writer Garegin Beshgyeotyoorian ("Sring").
- 1914 Secret military treaty is signed between Germany and Turkey in Constantinople.
- 1928 Birth of Minas Avetissyan (artist). He was murdered by the Soviet Police in 1975.
- 1955 Death of Galoost Qelpenjian.
- 1965 Death of Armen Armenian. He was born in 1871.