18 ARMENIAN LAWMAKERS JOINED INITIATIVE ON EXTRAORDINARY SITTING
YEREVAN.- Up to now eighteen Armenian lawmakers have joined the initiative demanding an extraordinary parliament sitting to discuss the Harsnaqar Restaurant incident which claimed the life of a military doctor.
Among those who signed the imitative are several members of the opposition Armenian National Congress bloc, Heritage party, ARF Dashnaktsutyun, fife members of the Prosperous Armenia Party.
The protest action demanding extraordinary sitting is being held in Yerevan near the building of the National Assembly. The protestors are carrying posters with inscriptions "We demand an extraordinary parliament sitting", "Ruben Hayrapetyan - murderer, wanted" and others.
Forty-four signatures must be collected and presented to the Parliament Speaker Hovik Abrahamyan in 24 hours. Right after that the speaker must process the application.As Armenian News-NEWS.am informed earlier, an incident had occurred at Armenian capital city Yerevan's Harsnaqar restaurant on June 17, where several military doctors including Edgar Mikoyan, Arkadi Aghajanyan, Garik Soghomonyan, Artak Bayadyan and Vahe Avetyan were brutally beaten by the security personnel. Vahe Avetyan died in hospital on June 29.The restaurant's owner is a businessman Ruben Hayrapetyan, who is an influential figure, ruling Republican Party of Armenia former MP, who resigned after the scandal, but remained president of Football Federation of Armenia.
NAÏVE DIASPORA ARMENIAN THINKS YEREVAN MAYOR WOULD HONOR HIS WORD - FRENCH-ARMENIAN BUSINESSWOMAN - NEWSPAPER
- 1723 The Turks occupy Tbilissi (Georgia).
- 1848 The district of Marash changes from a pasha's domain to a vilayet.
- 1849 Grigor Galstian publishes, for four years, the semi-annual "Study" paper.
- 1878 The Berlin Congress ends.
- 1915 Start of the defence of Mount Moses (Moosa) (Western Armenia). This episode of the Armenian Genocide of 1915, as implemented by Turkey, is the subject of Franz Werfel's "The Forty Days of Musa Dagh".
- 1922 Death of Kamo (Bolshevik revolutionary figure) - Simon Ter-Petrosyan - in Tbilissi. He was born in 1882 04 05.
- 1964 Death of writer Zorik Mirzoyan. He was born in 1916.