ARMENIAN OPPOSITION TO DISCUSS NOMINATION OF SINGLE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE
YEREVAN. - Opposition Armenian National Congress (ANC) has not discussed the upcoming presidential elections in 2013 and in particular the issue of the single candidate from the opposition on upcoming presidential elections in Armenia, ANC member Lyudmila Sargsyan told Armenian News-NEWS.am.
She commented on the statement made by Armenian Revolutionary Federation (ARF) member Arsen Hambartsumyan that "if we succeed in uniting all opposition forces around a common political platform, the option of not nominating a candidate from ARF will be possible."
"The issue was not discussed by ANC so I cannot tell anything certain about ANC's disposition," she said.
Lyudmila Sargsyan welcomed the announcement of ARFD for its readiness to cooperate with other political forces.
As Armenian News-NEWS.am reported earlier, ARFD member Arsen Hambartsumyan had announced that "if we succeed in uniting all opposition forces around a common political platform, the option of not nominating a candidate from ARF will be possible."
NAÏVE DIASPORA ARMENIAN THINKS YEREVAN MAYOR WOULD HONOR HIS WORD - FRENCH-ARMENIAN BUSINESSWOMAN - NEWSPAPER
- 1723 The Turks occupy Tbilissi (Georgia).
- 1848 The district of Marash changes from a pasha's domain to a vilayet.
- 1849 Grigor Galstian publishes, for four years, the semi-annual "Study" paper.
- 1878 The Berlin Congress ends.
- 1915 Start of the defence of Mount Moses (Moosa) (Western Armenia). This episode of the Armenian Genocide of 1915, as implemented by Turkey, is the subject of Franz Werfel's "The Forty Days of Musa Dagh".
- 1922 Death of Kamo (Bolshevik revolutionary figure) - Simon Ter-Petrosyan - in Tbilissi. He was born in 1882 04 05.
- 1964 Death of writer Zorik Mirzoyan. He was born in 1916.