ARMENIAN TRANSPORTER SAYS TURKEY'S TRABZON PORT MORE PROFITABLE THAN GEORGIA'S POTI
YEREVAN.- If the Upper Lars checkpoint is closed, it is more profitable to carry trucks to Armenia via Turkey's Trabzon port than Georgia's Poti, director of the Armenian transportation company told Armenian News-NEWS.am.Gagik Aleksanian, director of Megatrans company performing transportation through Turkey, said goods are transported to Armenia from Turkey but not by the Armenian vans."If Turkey allows transportation by our vehicles, we will definitely win," he said adding that transportation via Trabzon port will be cheaper than via Georgia's Poti."The ferry price in Trabzon is several times lower than in Poti under the condition that Upper Lars is closed. It is more convenient to transport goods by land, of course, without reloading the ferry back and forth. But when Lars is closed, for example in winter, and you have to take the sea, Turkey is more beneficial," he added.
As reported earlier, the head of Turkish Trabzon port stated that the port is ready to serve cargos sent to and received from Armenia. Armenian Communication and Transport Ministry informed Armenian News-NEWS.am that they had not received any information from the Turkish side yet.
- 2The head of Turkish Trabzon port stated that the port is ready to serve cargos sent to and received from Armenia. If the Turkish government agrees it will be easy to execute cargo transfers of Armenia ...
NAÏVE DIASPORA ARMENIAN THINKS YEREVAN MAYOR WOULD HONOR HIS WORD - FRENCH-ARMENIAN BUSINESSWOMAN - NEWSPAPER
- 1706 First publication of the "Harsmavoork" periodical in Grigor Marzovantsi's publishing house (Constantinople).
- 1886 Birth of Missak Metsarents (poet). He died in 1908.
- 1904 The Mossoon and Zor battles took place under the leadership of Gayl Vahan and Mihran.
- 1905 After the defeat of Russian forces in the Russo - Japanese War, the Tsar proclaimed an edict on the confiscation of the Etshmiadsin church estates.
- 1906 Death of Heinrich Geltser, German armenologist. He was born in 1847.
- 1906 Death of the German armenologist Heinrich Helzer. He was born in 1847.