ARMENIA'S FORMER OPPOSITION MP CONSIDERS WAR'S RESUMPTION IMPROBABLE
YEREVAN. - The escalation of tension at the Armenian-Azerbaijani border in June has created an imperative for the international community to keep the unsettled conflicts manageable, opposition Heritage Party Secretary and former MP Stepan Safaryan said during a press conference on Tuesday.
In his words, the Karabakh conflict and the region have entered a new phase, where the conflicting parties must find ways to adapt to the new situation, or, the parties' armament and enmity level creates another situation, beyond which there will be much larger scale confrontations.
NAÏVE DIASPORA ARMENIAN THINKS YEREVAN MAYOR WOULD HONOR HIS WORD - FRENCH-ARMENIAN BUSINESSWOMAN - NEWSPAPER1YEREVAN. - Parisian Coffee Company's former owner, French-Armenian businesswoman Valerie-Ashkhen Gortzounian still awaits capital city Yerevan Mayor Taron Margaryan to keep his promise to the effect that ...
NAÏVE DIASPORA ARMENIAN THINKS YEREVAN MAYOR WOULD HONOR HIS WORD - FRENCH-ARMENIAN BUSINESSWOMAN - NEWSPAPER
- 1402 Tamerlane defeats Sultan Bayazet and makes him a slave.
- 1841 The Armenian quarter of Smyrna is set on fire by Turks.
- 1855 Stepan Voskanian publishes the semi-annual "East" review in Paris (it folds in 1856).
- 1921 The Bolsheviks occupy Mountainous Armenia, the last fort of Armenian resistance.
- 1936 Opening of Yerevan's carbide factory.
- 1957 Creation of the Chemical Research Institute (National Economic Council of the Armenian SSR).