STEPAN SAFARYAN TO RUN FOR MP SEAT IN HAYRAPETYAN'S PRECINCT
YEREVAN.- Member of Heritage party Stepan Safaryan will run for a parliamentary seat in #1 precinct, he told reporters on Tuesday.
Safaryan said unless Republican Party member Ruben Hayrapetyan changes his decision to submit resignation from the parliamentary seat, he will put forward his nomination. Heritage member said he had made the decision but it also should be approved by the party.
As to Ruben Hayrapetyan's decision, Safaryan said he was surprised but he is not completely sure that Republican MP will not change his plans.
As Armenian News-NEWS.am reported earlier, Ruben Hayrapetyan issued a statement on July 3 saying he would submit resignation because of the incident with the participation of his bodyguards. Military doctors including were brutally beaten by the security personnel on June 17. Several days later Vahe Avetyan died in hospital.
NAÏVE DIASPORA ARMENIAN THINKS YEREVAN MAYOR WOULD HONOR HIS WORD - FRENCH-ARMENIAN BUSINESSWOMAN - NEWSPAPER1YEREVAN. - Parisian Coffee Company's former owner, French-Armenian businesswoman Valerie-Ashkhen Gortzounian still awaits capital city Yerevan Mayor Taron Margaryan to keep his promise to the effect that ...
NAÏVE DIASPORA ARMENIAN THINKS YEREVAN MAYOR WOULD HONOR HIS WORD - FRENCH-ARMENIAN BUSINESSWOMAN - NEWSPAPER
- 1402 Tamerlane defeats Sultan Bayazet and makes him a slave.
- 1841 The Armenian quarter of Smyrna is set on fire by Turks.
- 1855 Stepan Voskanian publishes the semi-annual "East" review in Paris (it folds in 1856).
- 1921 The Bolsheviks occupy Mountainous Armenia, the last fort of Armenian resistance.
- 1936 Opening of Yerevan's carbide factory.
- 1957 Creation of the Chemical Research Institute (National Economic Council of the Armenian SSR).