CLOSE TO 100 ARMENIAN PUBLIC SERVANTS UNDERWENT MEDICAL-INSURANCE-BASED HEART SURGERIES SINCE BEGINNING OF 2012
YEREVAN. - Ever since the beginning of 2012, around one-hundred Armenian public servants underwent heart surgeries along the lines of medical insurance, Armenian Civil Service Council Chairman Manvel Badalyan stated during a press conference on Tuesday.
To note, Armenia's AMD 132,000 (approx. US$ 313) social package includes AMD 52,000 (approx. $123) for mandatory medical policy. Close to 120,000 public servants can make use of this social package, and they can receive services totaling up to AMD 4 million (approx. $9,480).
"In other words, about one-hundred people already have received high medical services necessary for health," said Badalyan.
In his words, the public servants' professional effectiveness has increased, too. In the case when 15-20 percent of the state apparatus used to be unsuccessful in the compulsory attestations of the previous years, this is a mere 2-3 percent nowadays.
NAÏVE DIASPORA ARMENIAN THINKS YEREVAN MAYOR WOULD HONOR HIS WORD - FRENCH-ARMENIAN BUSINESSWOMAN - NEWSPAPER1YEREVAN. - Parisian Coffee Company's former owner, French-Armenian businesswoman Valerie-Ashkhen Gortzounian still awaits capital city Yerevan Mayor Taron Margaryan to keep his promise to the effect that ...
NAÏVE DIASPORA ARMENIAN THINKS YEREVAN MAYOR WOULD HONOR HIS WORD - FRENCH-ARMENIAN BUSINESSWOMAN - NEWSPAPER
- 1402 Tamerlane defeats Sultan Bayazet and makes him a slave.
- 1841 The Armenian quarter of Smyrna is set on fire by Turks.
- 1855 Stepan Voskanian publishes the semi-annual "East" review in Paris (it folds in 1856).
- 1921 The Bolsheviks occupy Mountainous Armenia, the last fort of Armenian resistance.
- 1936 Opening of Yerevan's carbide factory.
- 1957 Creation of the Chemical Research Institute (National Economic Council of the Armenian SSR).