ARF DASHNAKTSUTYUN GOVERNING BODY'S NEW MEMBERS ARE ANNOUNCED
YEREVAN. - Armenian opposition ARF Dashnaktsutyun Party Supreme Body's (SB) newly-elect members comprise ARF National Assembly Faction leader Armen Rustamyan, ARF MPs Artsvik Minasyan and Aghvan Vardanyan, former SB members Arsen Hambardzumyan and Mikayel Manukyan, and several regional representatives.
ARF likewise confirmed to Armenian News-NEWS.am this information, which was disseminated in the media. They also informed that Armen Rustamyan is reelected as SB representative.
To note, an Armenian daily on Tuesday published the ARF SB makeup and stated that the news—according to which considerable changes will be made within the ARF leadership—are groundless, and noted that these SB elections demonstrate that ARF's serving leadership has merely reproduced its authority.
NAÏVE DIASPORA ARMENIAN THINKS YEREVAN MAYOR WOULD HONOR HIS WORD - FRENCH-ARMENIAN BUSINESSWOMAN - NEWSPAPER1YEREVAN. - Parisian Coffee Company's former owner, French-Armenian businesswoman Valerie-Ashkhen Gortzounian still awaits capital city Yerevan Mayor Taron Margaryan to keep his promise to the effect that ...
NAÏVE DIASPORA ARMENIAN THINKS YEREVAN MAYOR WOULD HONOR HIS WORD - FRENCH-ARMENIAN BUSINESSWOMAN - NEWSPAPER
- 1402 Tamerlane defeats Sultan Bayazet and makes him a slave.
- 1841 The Armenian quarter of Smyrna is set on fire by Turks.
- 1855 Stepan Voskanian publishes the semi-annual "East" review in Paris (it folds in 1856).
- 1921 The Bolsheviks occupy Mountainous Armenia, the last fort of Armenian resistance.
- 1936 Opening of Yerevan's carbide factory.
- 1957 Creation of the Chemical Research Institute (National Economic Council of the Armenian SSR).