MINSK GROUP CO-CHAIRS KICK OFF VISIT TO KARABAKH CONFLICT REGION
OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Robert Bradtke (US), Igor Popov (Russia), and Jacques Faure (France) will pay a visit to the Nagorno-Karabakh (NK) conflict zone between Tuesday and Thursday.This time the visit will start from Azerbaijan's capital, Baku, on Tuesday. On the next day—and during the planned OSCE monitoring at the line of contact between the NK and Azerbaijani armed forces—the mediators will cross the contact line and head to Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (NKR) capital, Stepanakert. And from NKR, the Co-Chairs will arrive in Armenia's capital, Yerevan, on Thursday. While in Yerevan, Stepanakert and Baku, the mediators are scheduled to meet with Armenian, NKR and Azerbaijani leaderships, and discuss the results of the Armenian and Azerbaijani FMs' Paris meeting on June 18 and the current situation in conflict settlement process.
NAÏVE DIASPORA ARMENIAN THINKS YEREVAN MAYOR WOULD HONOR HIS WORD - FRENCH-ARMENIAN BUSINESSWOMAN - NEWSPAPER1YEREVAN. - Parisian Coffee Company's former owner, French-Armenian businesswoman Valerie-Ashkhen Gortzounian still awaits capital city Yerevan Mayor Taron Margaryan to keep his promise to the effect that ...
NAÏVE DIASPORA ARMENIAN THINKS YEREVAN MAYOR WOULD HONOR HIS WORD - FRENCH-ARMENIAN BUSINESSWOMAN - NEWSPAPER
- 1402 Tamerlane defeats Sultan Bayazet and makes him a slave.
- 1841 The Armenian quarter of Smyrna is set on fire by Turks.
- 1855 Stepan Voskanian publishes the semi-annual "East" review in Paris (it folds in 1856).
- 1921 The Bolsheviks occupy Mountainous Armenia, the last fort of Armenian resistance.
- 1936 Opening of Yerevan's carbide factory.
- 1957 Creation of the Chemical Research Institute (National Economic Council of the Armenian SSR).