ARMENIAN BUSINESSMAN MPS' SERVICE VEHICLES' OWNERS ARE FINED - NEWSPAPER
YEREVAN. - Armenia's Police fined AMD 100,000 (approx. US$ 237), each, the owners of the two Rolls Royce registered under businessman MP Ruben Hayrapetyan's name and serving another businessman MP, Samvel Aleksanyan, Haykakan Zhamanak daily writes. "This was informed to us yesterday [Monday] by the Police. [Also,] The vehicles lacked the auto insurance and technical inspection stickers and the mandatory license plate in front of the vehicle," Haykakan Zhamanak writes.
NAÏVE DIASPORA ARMENIAN THINKS YEREVAN MAYOR WOULD HONOR HIS WORD - FRENCH-ARMENIAN BUSINESSWOMAN - NEWSPAPER1YEREVAN. - Parisian Coffee Company's former owner, French-Armenian businesswoman Valerie-Ashkhen Gortzounian still awaits capital city Yerevan Mayor Taron Margaryan to keep his promise to the effect that ...
NAÏVE DIASPORA ARMENIAN THINKS YEREVAN MAYOR WOULD HONOR HIS WORD - FRENCH-ARMENIAN BUSINESSWOMAN - NEWSPAPER
- 1402 Tamerlane defeats Sultan Bayazet and makes him a slave.
- 1841 The Armenian quarter of Smyrna is set on fire by Turks.
- 1855 Stepan Voskanian publishes the semi-annual "East" review in Paris (it folds in 1856).
- 1921 The Bolsheviks occupy Mountainous Armenia, the last fort of Armenian resistance.
- 1936 Opening of Yerevan's carbide factory.
- 1957 Creation of the Chemical Research Institute (National Economic Council of the Armenian SSR).