OPPOSITION MP TO LEAD ARMENIA'S DELEGATION AT EURONEST? - NEWSPAPER
YEREVAN. - Even though Armenian National Assembly's (NA) international delegations are formed and their leaders are decided, the matter of Euronest delegation's leader remains partly debatable, Irates De Facto writes. "Artak Zakaryan, who leads it, became Chairman of NA Standing Committee on Foreign Relations, and it seems there is a decision that [opposition] ARF Dashnaktsutyun [Party MP] Vahan Hovhannisyan will lead [the delegation at] Euronest. But there are some nuances in this matter.First, [NA Speaker] Hovik Abrahamyan wishes that, just like before, [ruling Republican Party] RPA-member Artak Zakaryan lead the delegation—[but] not as RPA member, but rather as [European People's Party] EPP faction member—and Vahan Hovhannisyan remain as Euronest Bureau member. The thing is that the Bureau is a governing body which has the right to bloc or veto all kinds of matters. And Euronest is a very convenient platform to specifically 'bloc' Azerbaijan. Therefore Vahan Hovhannisyan will have a more important job to do in that 'post,'" Irates De Facto writes.
NAÏVE DIASPORA ARMENIAN THINKS YEREVAN MAYOR WOULD HONOR HIS WORD - FRENCH-ARMENIAN BUSINESSWOMAN - NEWSPAPER1YEREVAN. - Parisian Coffee Company's former owner, French-Armenian businesswoman Valerie-Ashkhen Gortzounian still awaits capital city Yerevan Mayor Taron Margaryan to keep his promise to the effect that ...
NAÏVE DIASPORA ARMENIAN THINKS YEREVAN MAYOR WOULD HONOR HIS WORD - FRENCH-ARMENIAN BUSINESSWOMAN - NEWSPAPER
- 1402 Tamerlane defeats Sultan Bayazet and makes him a slave.
- 1841 The Armenian quarter of Smyrna is set on fire by Turks.
- 1855 Stepan Voskanian publishes the semi-annual "East" review in Paris (it folds in 1856).
- 1921 The Bolsheviks occupy Mountainous Armenia, the last fort of Armenian resistance.
- 1936 Opening of Yerevan's carbide factory.
- 1957 Creation of the Chemical Research Institute (National Economic Council of the Armenian SSR).