DON'T MAKE A HERO OUT OF SUICIDE VICTIMS! - NEWSPAPER
YEREVAN. - The World Health Organization has designed special directions for the media coverage of suicides, Hayatsk daily writes, quoting psychologist, Associate Professor Karo Vardanyan, who is Armenia's sole suicide specialist. "Accordingly, commenting on the suicide in a shocking manner should be avoided, since this will portray the victim as a hero and a leader. As per these directions, the suicide victim's photograph should not be shown, [and] the suicide method, its romantic and mysterious motives should not be described in detail It is very important to avoid depicting the suicide victim as a sufferer, glorifying the suicide, and creating a mystery around the occurrence," Hayatsk writes.
NAÏVE DIASPORA ARMENIAN THINKS YEREVAN MAYOR WOULD HONOR HIS WORD - FRENCH-ARMENIAN BUSINESSWOMAN - NEWSPAPER1YEREVAN. - Parisian Coffee Company's former owner, French-Armenian businesswoman Valerie-Ashkhen Gortzounian still awaits capital city Yerevan Mayor Taron Margaryan to keep his promise to the effect that ...
NAÏVE DIASPORA ARMENIAN THINKS YEREVAN MAYOR WOULD HONOR HIS WORD - FRENCH-ARMENIAN BUSINESSWOMAN - NEWSPAPER
- 1402 Tamerlane defeats Sultan Bayazet and makes him a slave.
- 1841 The Armenian quarter of Smyrna is set on fire by Turks.
- 1855 Stepan Voskanian publishes the semi-annual "East" review in Paris (it folds in 1856).
- 1921 The Bolsheviks occupy Mountainous Armenia, the last fort of Armenian resistance.
- 1936 Opening of Yerevan's carbide factory.
- 1957 Creation of the Chemical Research Institute (National Economic Council of the Armenian SSR).