SOMEONE BENEFITS FROM INCIDENTS ON ARMENIAN-AZERBAIJANI BORDER - EXPERT
YEREVAN. - The OSCE Secretary General Lamberto Zannier's visit to the South Caucasus region will bring no new principal results, former MP of the Nagorno-Karabakh Parliament, expert, general editor of the Karabakh Analiticon journal Gegham Baghdasaryan told Armenian News-NEWS.am.He added that the same scenario that occurred during the visit of US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and other officials will happen this time as well. Commenting on the notion that during every such visit Azerbaijan conducts provocative diversions on the border with Karabakh Armed Forces or along the border with Armenia, Gegham Baghadasryan mentioned that such actions might happen this time as well."We must be ready for that. But there is an important circumstance in this case. The foreign policy of the two Armenian states in general and especially regarding border incidents has a situational and reactive character. We always reply and remind that we are ready to respond to any provocation, without realizing that we are playing in someone else's game written by someone else's scenario," he said.According to Baghadasryan, if both Azerbaijan and the co-chairs know that Armenia will respond, it means that someone benefits from those incidents.
NAÏVE DIASPORA ARMENIAN THINKS YEREVAN MAYOR WOULD HONOR HIS WORD - FRENCH-ARMENIAN BUSINESSWOMAN - NEWSPAPER1YEREVAN. - Parisian Coffee Company's former owner, French-Armenian businesswoman Valerie-Ashkhen Gortzounian still awaits capital city Yerevan Mayor Taron Margaryan to keep his promise to the effect that ...
NAÏVE DIASPORA ARMENIAN THINKS YEREVAN MAYOR WOULD HONOR HIS WORD - FRENCH-ARMENIAN BUSINESSWOMAN - NEWSPAPER
- 1402 Tamerlane defeats Sultan Bayazet and makes him a slave.
- 1841 The Armenian quarter of Smyrna is set on fire by Turks.
- 1855 Stepan Voskanian publishes the semi-annual "East" review in Paris (it folds in 1856).
- 1921 The Bolsheviks occupy Mountainous Armenia, the last fort of Armenian resistance.
- 1936 Opening of Yerevan's carbide factory.
- 1957 Creation of the Chemical Research Institute (National Economic Council of the Armenian SSR).