ARMENIA - TURKEY CINEMA PLATFORM OPENS AT GOLDEN APRICOT FILM FESTIVAL
YEREVAN. - Armenia - Turkey cinema platform opened in Yerevan on Monday within the framework of the 9th annual Golden Apricot international Film Festival. The platform will function till July 11.
"This is my favorite part of the festival," the founder and director of Golden Apricot Harutyun Khachatryan said adding that it is the friendliest program of the festival.
"I am happy to welcome my dear friends from Turkey. I love them all," he emphasized saying that cinema can open any doors.
"We first met in 2008. Five years ago a join film production was a mere dream, but today we are working on five projectstogether," the program coordinator from the Turkish side Cigdem Meter said.
According to her, despite political problems the cooperation in media sphere is developing rather quickly between the two countries.
Armenia - Turkey cinema platform was presented in 2009 at the Istanbul International Film Festival.
- 1881 Dr. Levon Tigranyan starts publishing the "Health" monthly.
- 1902 Death of Arsen Aytnyan (armenologist). He was born in 1825.
- 1914 Death of sculptor Yervand Voskanian.
- 1936 Murder by the Soviet Police of Aghassi Khandjyan (First Secretary of the Central Committee of Armenia's Communist Party) in Tbilisi.
- 1937 Death of actor Hovhannes Zarifian.