ARMENIAN MOD DISMISSES AZERBAIJANI REPORTS ON BORDER INCIDENT
YEREVAN.- Armenia's Defense Ministry has dismissed Azerbaijani press reports about regular incident on the border.
Spokesperson for Armenian MOD Artsrun Hovhannisyan told Armenian News-NEWS.am that the reports are untrue.
Earlier Azerbaijani press reported about alleged shoot-out at the line of contact between the armed forces of Armenia and Azerbaijan. The report alleged that "one Armenian soldier was killed and four others were wounded". "Two Azerbaijani soldiers were wounded as well," APA agency reported.
The OSCE mission will conduct a monitoring along the line of contact between the armed forces of NKR and Azerbaijani in the direction of Askeran on July 11. The OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs are expected to cross the line of contact by demined section.
- 1881 Dr. Levon Tigranyan starts publishing the "Health" monthly.
- 1902 Death of Arsen Aytnyan (armenologist). He was born in 1825.
- 1914 Death of sculptor Yervand Voskanian.
- 1936 Murder by the Soviet Police of Aghassi Khandjyan (First Secretary of the Central Committee of Armenia's Communist Party) in Tbilisi.
- 1937 Death of actor Hovhannes Zarifian.