WHY WAS 27-YEAR-OLD FATALLY STABBED IN ARMENIA'S CHARENTSAVAN?
CHARENTSAVAN. - Vardan Vardanyan, 27, died in hospital at Armenia's Charentsavan city, and as a result of the stab wound he had sustained on Sunday night, Charentsavan Police Precinct informed Armenian News-NEWS.am.
A criminal case is launched on charges of intentionally causing serious damage to health and thus negligently causing death.
The circumstances are being ascertained and the guilty is being searched.
Incidentally, Charentsavan residents Grisha and Vahe Kostandyan likewise are transferred to hospital.
According to the rumors spread in Charentsavan, the incident occurred following a birthday party and a person by the name of Robert Galstyan is said to be the stabber.
- 1881 Dr. Levon Tigranyan starts publishing the "Health" monthly.
- 1902 Death of Arsen Aytnyan (armenologist). He was born in 1825.
- 1914 Death of sculptor Yervand Voskanian.
- 1936 Murder by the Soviet Police of Aghassi Khandjyan (First Secretary of the Central Committee of Armenia's Communist Party) in Tbilisi.
- 1937 Death of actor Hovhannes Zarifian.