ARMENIAN PARLIAMENT CHAIRMAN GETS ANGRY AT PRESIDENT'S REPRESENTATIVE - NEWSPAPER
- YEREVAN. - While leaving Armenia's National Assembly (NA) building, NA Speaker Hovik Abrahamyan asked as to whom the car, which passed by him, belonged to, Hraparak daily writes.
"They said [it belonged to the President's representative at the NA] Garnik Isagulyan. 'Tell him to from now on enter the NA from the other side; this side is disallowed,' [Abrahamyan replied].
This refers to the [NA] main entrance from where solely enter [the service] vehicles of NA leadership, [standing] committee chairpersons, deputy chairs, and, of course, of [ruling Republican Party MP Mher Sedrakyan] Mher of Tokhmakh, who has given him such permission.
Isagulyan and Abrahamyan have never been on good terms, especially from the day when Hovik Abrahamyan called for Isagulyan and said: 'You will inform me beforehand as to what you will report to the President.' But Isagulyan, according to the NA sources, did not agree [to this].
When [former NA Speaker] Samvel Nikoyan became NA Speaker, Isagulyan's vehicle was allowed entry to the NA area, but the 'reshuffling' continues after Abrahamyan's return," Hraparak writes.
- 1852 Birth of Minas Sheraz in Constantinople, teacher, speaker, and public figure. He died in 1929.
- 1913 Start of the conference of the ambassadors in Constantinople. They discuss Armenian reforms.
- 1913 The "Armenian Commission on Reforms" starts its work in the Enikyoy suburb of Constantinople.
- 1955 Inauguration of the memorial over the tomb of Hunan Avetisian (Hero of the Soviet Union).
- 1957 Creation of the Research Institute of Mining and Metallurgy.