THERE CANNOT BE STRONG STATE WITHOUT MIDDLE CLASS - ARMENIA'S PM
- YEREVAN. - Armenia's Premier Tigran Sargsyan met with the audience from the Yerevan School of Political Studies, and delivered a lecture on the current global developments and existing challenges and their possible solutions.
Also, the participants discussed the Government's 2012-2017 activity program and the current reforms in Armenia.
Tigran Sargsyan stated that the formation of a middle class is one of the main preconditions for a state's development and strengthening, and he assured that Armenia's authorities have the political will to resolve this problem.
"The objective of the tools offered in the Government's program is the solution of this problem, since there cannot be a strong state without a middle class," said the PM.
- 1862 The first rebellion of Zeytoon against Turkish exactions.
- 1921 The Red Army enters Sissian.
- 1995 The International Court of Justice makes a pronouncement (90) in the Case Concerning East Timor (Portugal vs. Australia). Certain aspects of this document may be significant in the resolution of the Artsakh crisis.
- 1999 Senator Brownback speaks during the 145th Congress (Record S7840) in favor of tipping American policies in Transcaucasia in favor of Azerbaijan.