ARMENIAN NATIONAL CURRENCY'S UPSURGE DID NOT LAST LONG
- YEREVAN. - After a two-day drop, the US dollar's average exchange rate against the Armenian Dram (AMD) once again rose Thursday at NASDAQ OMX Armenia stock exchange.
As a result of transactions, the dollar comprised AMD 417.63/$1, which is a 0.09-percent increase from the previous trading session on Tuesday.
The total sales were $2.95 million.
And no substantial exchange rate change was recorded in Armenia's cash foreign currency market. And just like on Wednesday, the US currency is still bought and sold primarily at the AMD 417-419/$1 range.
- 3Following the Istanbul summit of the Organization of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation (BSEC), Turkey's president Abdullah Gul responded to news reporters' questions. Stressing that Armenia is a full ...
- 1752 Battle between the Georgian King Heraklitus the Second and Azad khan's forces near Kanaker (Armenia).
- 1904 Death of Karapet Utujian, the founder of "Massiss" weekly. He was born on 1832 10 24.
- 1993 The Artsakh forces liberate Martakert after the Azeri Turks had occupied it for a year.