IN BRUSSELS, ARMENIAN PRESIDENT HAS BREAKFAST WITH EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT OFFICIALS
- Armenia's President and ruling Republican Party leader Serzh Sargsyan, who is in Brussels on a working visit, on Thursday had a working breakfast with Chairman Elmar Brok of the European Parliament Committee on Foreign Affairs and Vice-Chair Ioannis Kasoulides of the European People's Party (EPP) Group in the European Parliament.
The interlocutors stressed that such meetings are a good opportunity to exchange views on strengthening interparty ties and discussing Armenia's European integration policy.
They also underscored the bilateral cooperation with the EU on the parliamentary level, and noted that a considerable progress is achieved in the talks with reference to the Armenia-EU Association Agreement.
Also, President Sargsyan briefed Elmar Brok and Ioannis Kasoulides on Armenia's ongoing reforms and future plans. He noted that activities are also underway toward developing a joint action plan.
At present, Armenia's Head of State is attending the EPP Summit.
Much later, Serzh Sargsyan will meet with EPP President Wilfried Martens.
- 3Following the Istanbul summit of the Organization of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation (BSEC), Turkey's president Abdullah Gul responded to news reporters' questions. Stressing that Armenia is a full ...
- 1752 Battle between the Georgian King Heraklitus the Second and Azad khan's forces near Kanaker (Armenia).
- 1904 Death of Karapet Utujian, the founder of "Massiss" weekly. He was born on 1832 10 24.
- 1993 The Artsakh forces liberate Martakert after the Azeri Turks had occupied it for a year.