TURKISH PRESIDENT SPEAKS ABOUT ECONOMIC COOPERATION WITH ARMENIA
- Following the Istanbul summit of the Organization of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation (BSEC), Turkey's president Abdullah Gul responded to news reporters' questions.
Stressing that Armenia is a full member in the BSEC, a journalist asked Gul as to how he pictures developing economic ties and creating economic cooperation with Armenia in the case of closed borders, Radikal daily of Turkey informs.
And the Turkish president responded by saying that the BSEC also includes countries which do not have shores on the Black Sea, and stressed Armenia among such countries.
"[But] Owing to Turkey's goodwill, Armenia likewise was invited and it is an Organization member. There are certain problems, disagreements in our region. The more these disagreements reduce, an atmosphere of trust will be created, [and] there will be that much more economic cooperation and business.
We all need to work with goodwill to resolve and be free from problems, [and] create mutual investments, communication channels in the region. We all have the goodwill to surmount the problems," said Abdullah Gul, and added that they are happy to see Armenia attending the summit as a full member.
- 3Following the Istanbul summit of the Organization of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation (BSEC), Turkey's president Abdullah Gul responded to news reporters' questions. Stressing that Armenia is a full ...
- 1752 Battle between the Georgian King Heraklitus the Second and Azad khan's forces near Kanaker (Armenia).
- 1904 Death of Karapet Utujian, the founder of "Massiss" weekly. He was born on 1832 10 24.
- 1993 The Artsakh forces liberate Martakert after the Azeri Turks had occupied it for a year.