ARF MEMBERS ARE LEAVING PARTY IN NKR? - NEWSPAPER
- YEREVAN. - It has become a pattern that when Armenia's opposition ARF Dashnaktsutyun Party has no response, it has no time to listen either, Iravunk daily writes.
"The Facebook discussions are actively chatting about the topic that the ARF members in Artsakh [i.e., the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (NKR)] have begun leaving the ARF ranks, because Armenia's Dashnaktsutyun is obligating [them] to support the candidacy of incumbent NKR President Bako Sahakyan in the upcoming NKR presidential elections.
When we attempted to establish contact with [Armenia's] ARF members, so as to refute or confirm the circulating rumors, [it turned out that] ARF Bureau member Vahan Hovhannisyan was in traffic, ARF [Parliamentary] Faction leader Armen Rustamyan cannot be reached since a long time, [and] ARF Faction member Artsvik Minasyan was busy," Iravunk writes.
- 1827 Russian forces control Nakhichevan.
- 1833 Russia and Turkey sign the Hunkiar-Iskelesi Treaty.
- 1861 Birth of Grigor Zohrab (writer and political figure) in Constantinople. A victim of the Genocide, he was tortured and murdered on 1915 07 07.
- 1921 The Red Army enters Daralagyaz and Zangezur (Syoonik) in the following two-weeks.
- 1974 Ceremonial opening of Alexander Tamanian's (architect) monument in Yerevan.