ARMENIAN PM RECEIVES AUSTRALIAN COUNTERPART'S SPECIAL ENVOY
- YEREVAN. - Armenia's Premier Tigran Sargsyan received Russell Trood, the Australian Federal Government's Special Envoy to Eastern Europe, the Balkans and the Caucasus.
"Armenia looks toward developing and deepening Armenian-Australian ties," said Sargsyan, and underscored the need for mutual assistance and discussion of the matters of interest.
In his turn, Trood conveyed to Armenia's PM the Australian government's request to support Australia's 2013-2014 candidacy for the UN Security Council.
Tigran Sargsyan promised to discuss the matter and to present Armenia's position before the actual voting.
Also, the interlocutors highlighted mutual assistance within international organizations and deepening economic ties between the two countries.
- 1Upon the instruction given to the Turkish police, renowned Istanbul-Armenian rock musician Hayko Cepkin's concert held in an Antalya hotel was ended ahead of time. The law enforcement officers entered ...
- 1YEREVAN. - Armenian former FM, Prosperous Armenia Party (PAP) MP Vartan Oskanian again refused to give testimonies to the Armenian National Security Service on Monday. This was the third time Oskanian ...
- 1932 Inauguration of the Stalin irrigation canal's first section in Yerevan.
- 1962 Death of Arshak Alpoyachyan (armenologist) in Cairo. He was born in 1879.
- 1964 Creation of the Committee for Cultural Relations with Armenians Abroad in Yerevan.