DROUGHT CAUSES SERIOUS DAMAGE IN ARMENIA (PHOTO)
- 41 communities out of 62 in Armenia's Tavush region are located on the border and the remaining 21 are very close to the border. This causes serious issues for agriculture in the region as some of the fields are under threat of enemy shootings from Azerbaijani side.
As the Agriculture and Environment Department Head of Tavush Melikjanyan told Armenian News-NEWS.am, some of the fields are in the neutral zone and others are dangerous to cultivate. Those fields which can be cultivated are damaged by drought, grain fields are affected most by the drought. According to him, because of the unfavorable weather conditions the fields have dried out and the pumping stations ceased to work after the military actions. For cattle production the lack of pastures is the main issue.
"There is no grass in the regions between villages," Melikjanyan said adding that the villagers must fetch grass from mountains a long distance away.
However, the villagers say that they only need the attention of the authorities and everything will be fine.
- 1Upon the instruction given to the Turkish police, renowned Istanbul-Armenian rock musician Hayko Cepkin's concert held in an Antalya hotel was ended ahead of time. The law enforcement officers entered ...
- 1YEREVAN. - Armenian former FM, Prosperous Armenia Party (PAP) MP Vartan Oskanian again refused to give testimonies to the Armenian National Security Service on Monday. This was the third time Oskanian ...
- 1932 Inauguration of the Stalin irrigation canal's first section in Yerevan.
- 1962 Death of Arshak Alpoyachyan (armenologist) in Cairo. He was born in 1879.
- 1964 Creation of the Committee for Cultural Relations with Armenians Abroad in Yerevan.