ARMENIAN GOVERNMENT'S PROGRAM IS MODEST - RULING PARTY MP
- YEREVAN. - The Government's activity program includes "modest and few indicators," stated ruling Republican Party of Armenia MP and National Assembly's Financial-Credit and Budgetary Affairs Committee Chairman Gagik Minasyan, during a press conference on Monday.
In his words, the Government's main priority is to secure economic growth based on internal resources, because the uncertainties continue in the international financial markets.
"The Government will assist the eleven branches of economy which have a greater potential for development. Sadly, there are shadow [economy] phenomena, manifestations of dominant position [misuse], which could jeopardize the implementation of the Government's program," said Gagik Minasyan.
- 1Upon the instruction given to the Turkish police, renowned Istanbul-Armenian rock musician Hayko Cepkin's concert held in an Antalya hotel was ended ahead of time. The law enforcement officers entered ...
- 1YEREVAN. - Armenian former FM, Prosperous Armenia Party (PAP) MP Vartan Oskanian again refused to give testimonies to the Armenian National Security Service on Monday. This was the third time Oskanian ...
- 1932 Inauguration of the Stalin irrigation canal's first section in Yerevan.
- 1962 Death of Arshak Alpoyachyan (armenologist) in Cairo. He was born in 1879.
- 1964 Creation of the Committee for Cultural Relations with Armenians Abroad in Yerevan.