DIASPORA ARMENIANS WISH TO IMMEDIATELY SELL THEIR REAL ESTATE IN ARMENIA - NEWSPAPER
- YEREVAN. - Many Diaspora Armenians, who have settled in Armenia for years on end, are now knocking on the doors of several real estate agencies, Chorrord Inknishkhanutyun daily writes.
"Some of them want to immediately sell their elite apartments acquired in Armenia while others are trying to promptly get rid of the plots of land obtained in the shores of [Lake] Sevan. Even there are rumors that many of them intend to sell at a bargain price especially their detached homes acquired in the Sevan area.
Incidentally, former and serving state and local officials likewise are considering selling their detached homes in the areas adjacent to [Lake] Sevan," Chorrord Inknishkhanutyun writes.
- 1828 The Russian army occupies Ghars (Western Armenia).
- 1833 The Tsar changes the administrative structure of the Armenian borders.
- 1879 Birth of Stepan Ghambaryan (chemist). He died in 1948.
- 1956 Death of English writer Michael Arlen (Tigran Gooyoomjyan).