PROSPEROUS ARMENIA PARTY TO VOTE AGAINST GOVERNMENT'S PROGRAM
- YEREVAN. - Prosperous Armenia Party (PAP) will vote against the Government's program, PAP Secretary Naira Zohrabyan said in the parliament on Wednesday.
She claimed the program envisages creation of 100,000 new, however, provides no concrete mechanisms due to which they will be created.
At the same time, the project willingly points out all the risks in case of which the Government may avoid responsibility while carrying out the program. According to her, the ruling party has put forward serious reforms, but made almost no changes in the cabinet of ministers.
"The same team with the same ideology wants to continue its undertakings, something which was started but not brought to an end," Zohrabyan concluded.
- 1845 Sultan Abdul Megid orders the Pasha of Soor to enter Western Armenia with an army. The goal was to take away the semi-autonomy of the Armenians.
- 1874 Hambardzoom Balassanyan starts the "Love of Fatherland" organization in Karakilissa (Vanadzor).
- 1890 Fighting between Turkish forces and the civilian population of Armenians in Kareen (Erzroom, Western Armenia) took place.
- 1911 Death of Ghazaros Aghayan (educator and writer) in Tbilissi (Georgia). He was born in 1840.
- 1939 Creation of the Armenian SSR's People's Commissariats for Automobile Transportation, Meat, and Dairy industries.
- 1943 Death of Arus Voskanyan (actress) in Yerevan. She was born in 1889.