DOLLAR PASSES AMD 417/$1 AT ARMENIA'S STOCK EXCHANGE
- YEREVAN. - The US dollar's exchange rate against the Armenian Dram (AMD) continues to soar in Armenia's financial market.
Its average exchange rate comprised AMD 417.61/$1, at NASDAQ OMX Armenia stock exchange on Wednesday, and this is the first time this year that the US currency's average exchange rate exceeded the AMD 417/$1 level at the stock exchange.
The total sales were $1.27 million.
And Armenia's exchange offices raised the dollar's buying exchange rate up till AMD 416.5/$1 and the minimum selling rate is at AMD 419/$1.
- 1845 Sultan Abdul Megid orders the Pasha of Soor to enter Western Armenia with an army. The goal was to take away the semi-autonomy of the Armenians.
- 1874 Hambardzoom Balassanyan starts the "Love of Fatherland" organization in Karakilissa (Vanadzor).
- 1890 Fighting between Turkish forces and the civilian population of Armenians in Kareen (Erzroom, Western Armenia) took place.
- 1911 Death of Ghazaros Aghayan (educator and writer) in Tbilissi (Georgia). He was born in 1840.
- 1939 Creation of the Armenian SSR's People's Commissariats for Automobile Transportation, Meat, and Dairy industries.
- 1943 Death of Arus Voskanyan (actress) in Yerevan. She was born in 1889.