IF WE HAVE POLITICAL WILL, LARGE BUSINESS WILL WORK TRANSPARENTLY - ARMENIAN PM
- YEREVAN.- Large business will work transparently in case there is political will, Armenian PM Tigran Sargsyan said addressing the MPs on Wednesday.
In response to a question by Prosperous Armenia Party MP Vartan Oskanian, Premier said lack of equal opportunities for business is a serious problem for economy development. It depends on success or failure of government's economic program, he believes.
"If we do not manage to create competitive environment for large business, our programs will be ruined," he added.
As to necessary mechanisms, Sargsyan stressed that the public must be provided detailed information about large businesses dominating the market.
"The first steps aimed to increase transparency have been made. Reports of large companies, auditor's report must be available. Another step is to restrict the volume of cash transactions so that business could not hide the real income through front companies. If have political will, we will achieve success," he said.
- 1845 Sultan Abdul Megid orders the Pasha of Soor to enter Western Armenia with an army. The goal was to take away the semi-autonomy of the Armenians.
- 1874 Hambardzoom Balassanyan starts the "Love of Fatherland" organization in Karakilissa (Vanadzor).
- 1890 Fighting between Turkish forces and the civilian population of Armenians in Kareen (Erzroom, Western Armenia) took place.
- 1911 Death of Ghazaros Aghayan (educator and writer) in Tbilissi (Georgia). He was born in 1840.
- 1939 Creation of the Armenian SSR's People's Commissariats for Automobile Transportation, Meat, and Dairy industries.
- 1943 Death of Arus Voskanyan (actress) in Yerevan. She was born in 1889.