OSCE MONITORS KARABAKH-AZERBAIJANI LINE OF CONTACT
- In accordance with the agreement earlier reached with the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (NKR) authorities, the OSCE mission held a monitoring on Wednesday at the line of the contact between the armed forces of Karabakh and Azerbaijan, nearby Horadiz.
From the Karabakh side, the monitoring was conducted by Personal Representative of OSCE Chairman-in-Office's High-Level Planning Group (HLPG) field assistants Hristo Hristov and Antal Herdic.
From the Azerbaijani side, the monitoring was conducted by OSCE HLPG field assistants Irji Aberle and William Pryor.
The monitoring was held in accordance with the schedule, and no cease-fire violations were recorded.
From the Karabakh side, the monitoring mission was accompanied by representatives from the NKR ministries of Foreign Affairs and Defense.
- 1845 Sultan Abdul Megid orders the Pasha of Soor to enter Western Armenia with an army. The goal was to take away the semi-autonomy of the Armenians.
- 1874 Hambardzoom Balassanyan starts the "Love of Fatherland" organization in Karakilissa (Vanadzor).
- 1890 Fighting between Turkish forces and the civilian population of Armenians in Kareen (Erzroom, Western Armenia) took place.
- 1911 Death of Ghazaros Aghayan (educator and writer) in Tbilissi (Georgia). He was born in 1840.
- 1939 Creation of the Armenian SSR's People's Commissariats for Automobile Transportation, Meat, and Dairy industries.
- 1943 Death of Arus Voskanyan (actress) in Yerevan. She was born in 1889.