ARF DASHNAKTSUTYUN WILL VOTE AGAINST ARMENIAN GOVERNMENT PROGRAM
- YEREVAN. - Armenia's opposition ARF Dashnaktsutyun Party will vote against the program which the Government introduced, ARF MP Artsvik Minasyan told Armenian News-NEWS.am.
Ruling Republican Party's National Assembly Faction leader Galust Sahakyan, on the other hand, noted that the Government's program is so good that everyone is in its favor, but they are voting against it simply because of political considerations.
"How can [someone] vote against fighting corruption, creating jobs, for instance?" asked Sahakyan.
- 1845 Sultan Abdul Megid orders the Pasha of Soor to enter Western Armenia with an army. The goal was to take away the semi-autonomy of the Armenians.
- 1874 Hambardzoom Balassanyan starts the "Love of Fatherland" organization in Karakilissa (Vanadzor).
- 1890 Fighting between Turkish forces and the civilian population of Armenians in Kareen (Erzroom, Western Armenia) took place.
- 1911 Death of Ghazaros Aghayan (educator and writer) in Tbilissi (Georgia). He was born in 1840.
- 1939 Creation of the Armenian SSR's People's Commissariats for Automobile Transportation, Meat, and Dairy industries.
- 1943 Death of Arus Voskanyan (actress) in Yerevan. She was born in 1889.