ARMENIAN GOVERNMENT PLANS TO STIMULATE BIRTH RATE
- YEREVAN.- The newlyweds in Armenia will be provided with preferential mortgages, says government's action plan.
To improve the demographic situation during the next five years, the government promises to assist young families, stimulate the birth rate and protect the health of children.
In particular, the birth allowance for every third or fourth child will make about $2,400, for every fifth and later - about $3,600.
Presently birth allowance makes about $120 for the first and the second child, and for the third or fourth child - about $1,000.
The program also envisages providing health services certificates free of charge for the families having children under the age of 10.
- 1845 Sultan Abdul Megid orders the Pasha of Soor to enter Western Armenia with an army. The goal was to take away the semi-autonomy of the Armenians.
- 1874 Hambardzoom Balassanyan starts the "Love of Fatherland" organization in Karakilissa (Vanadzor).
- 1890 Fighting between Turkish forces and the civilian population of Armenians in Kareen (Erzroom, Western Armenia) took place.
- 1911 Death of Ghazaros Aghayan (educator and writer) in Tbilissi (Georgia). He was born in 1840.
- 1939 Creation of the Armenian SSR's People's Commissariats for Automobile Transportation, Meat, and Dairy industries.
- 1943 Death of Arus Voskanyan (actress) in Yerevan. She was born in 1889.