NUMBER OF ARMENIAN TOURISTS IN TURKEY INCREASES
- The number of Armenian tourists who visited Turkey this April increased by 26.9%, as compared to last year.
Turkey's Ministry of Culture and Tourism said 4,889 Armenians visited Turkey in April 2012 as compared to 3,854 last year.
The number of citizens visiting Turkey as compared to March grew by 25.
In 2011, over 72,000 Armenian citizens visited Turkey.
© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1845 Sultan Abdul Megid orders the Pasha of Soor to enter Western Armenia with an army. The goal was to take away the semi-autonomy of the Armenians.
- 1874 Hambardzoom Balassanyan starts the "Love of Fatherland" organization in Karakilissa (Vanadzor).
- 1890 Fighting between Turkish forces and the civilian population of Armenians in Kareen (Erzroom, Western Armenia) took place.
- 1911 Death of Ghazaros Aghayan (educator and writer) in Tbilissi (Georgia). He was born in 1840.
- 1939 Creation of the Armenian SSR's People's Commissariats for Automobile Transportation, Meat, and Dairy industries.
- 1943 Death of Arus Voskanyan (actress) in Yerevan. She was born in 1889.