NATURAL GAS PRICES CONDITIONED ON INTERNATIONAL ENERGY MARKET - ARMENIAN-RUSSIAN GAS COMPANY
- YEREVAN. - When the business conducting entity's business expectations are not met, it is illogical to condition the matter on natural gas and, instead, it is necessary to design effective management means. The ArmRusGazprom Company stated this in response to Armenian News-NEWS.am's observation that representatives from Armenia's Association of Greenhouse Economies recently announced that the greenhouses are now compelled to suspend their activities because of the unacceptable gas supply terms and their debts to the Company.
"ArmRusGazprom does not have a social obligation toward the business of other business conducting entities. Furthermore, it is duty-bound to rule out discriminatory approach towards consumers and to secure a level field. First, the Company has the obligation of securing its own financial stability, and therefore the demand for a financial discipline also exists in the supplier-consumer relations.
And concerning the unacceptable [gas supply] terms, [please note that] the gas price is conditioned on the international energy market and the socioeconomic policy, and the quality of the supplied natural gas meets the current interstate standards," ArmRusGazprom Company's response reads in particular.
- 3YEREVAN. - The Israeli Tavor guns are good arms, Russian expert Ruslan Pukhov told Armenian News-NEWS.am. According to him, the Russian made Kalashnikovs are rather old models. "Tavor rifles are modern ...
NORMALIZATION OF ARMENIAN-TURKISH RELATIONS WILL POSITIVELY IMPACT REGION - US ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF STATE
- 1861 Birth of the Norwegian Friedhof Nansen (public figure). He died in 1930 after helping countless Armenian refugees, who had survived the Armenian Genocide perpetrated by the Turks. He created the "Nansen Passport" for these stateless refugees.
- 1911 Death of Petros Simonian, national figure, publicist in Tbilisi and editor of the "Meghoo Hayastanee" periodical.
- 1918 The first Armenian delegation arrived in Constantinople to start reconciliation talks with Turkey.
- 1935 Opening of the State Historical Museum of Armenia in Yerevan.
- 1954 Death of Smbat Boroyan, participant in the 1921 February rebellion and the volunteer movement of the Sassoon rebellion of 1904. He was born in 1882.
- 2001 Death of Sargis Baghdasarian, sculptor, artist and teacher. His "We are our mountains" - "Gharabaghthsiner" sculpture (1967) became a symbol of the national movement of Artsakh. He was born in 1923.