ARMENIAN, AZERBAIJANI FMS' MEETING TO PAVE WAY FOR HIGH LEVEL ONE - EXPERT
- YEREVAN. - Meeting between the Armenian and Azerbaijani FMs will simply pave way for the meeting of presidents, expert Alexander Manasyan told the journalists on Monday adding no need to expect serious changes in talks.
According to him, Armenia has not expressed will to protect its positions on the Karabakh issue.
"We can rely on the truth, but did not do it properly in the international agencies," he said adding it also referred to the fact that Nagorno-Karabakh has never been a part of the third Azerbaijani republic.
To note, Armenian FM Edward Nalbandian and his Azerbaijani counterpart Elmar Mammadyarov will meet in Paris on Monday. As the U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton stated in Baku during the South Caucasus tour in early June, the sides will be offered new approaches in Paris.
NORMALIZATION OF ARMENIAN-TURKISH RELATIONS WILL POSITIVELY IMPACT REGION - US ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF STATE
- 1807 Russian forces, under General Goodevich, defeat the Turkish army on the banks of the Akhooryan river.
- 1890 Fighting breaks out between government forces and the Armenians of Karin (Erzroom, Western Armenia).
- 1925 Arrival of Friedhof Nansen (heading the League of Nations' International Bureau) in Yerevan.
- 1941 Signature of the Treaty of Friendship between Germany and Turkey.
- 1953 Death of public figure Hakob Ter Hakobian.
- 1987 The European Parliament votes to recognize the Armenian Genocide and suggests ways for Turkey to overcome its crisis.