ARMENIA'S NEW CABINET OF MINISTERS TO CONVENE SPECIAL SESSION
- YEREVAN. - The newly-formed Government of Armenia will hold a special session on June 18 at 12pm, the Government's Information and Public Relations Department informs.
To note, with the decree by President Serzh Sargsyan, the entire Cabinet of Ministers was appointed on Saturday.
The new Government comprises fourteen ministers from the coalition government's senior partner, the Republican Party; three ministers from the coalition's junior partner, Orinats Yerkir (Rule of Law) Party; and one non-partisan minister—namely, Sport and Youth Affairs Minister Hrachya Rostomyan.
But according to the information being disseminated, Rostomyan has left the Prosperous Armenia Party.
- 1795 Birth of Alexander Griboedov (Russian ambassador to Persia). He worked for the return of Armenians from Persia to Armenia. He died in 1829.
- 1870 The Tsar publishes the statutes on towns.
- 1895 Start of the first defence of Van (until June 20).
- 1915 Ambassador Morgenthau explicitly described to the United States Department of State the policy of the Young Turk government as a campaign of "race extermination", and was instructed, by United States Secretary of State Robert Lansing, that the "Department approves your procedure ... to stop Armenian persecution".