ARMENIAN DELEGATION ORGANIZES EVENT AT RIO+20 SUMMIT
- YEREVAN. - Within the framework of the Rio+20, United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development, the delegation from Armenia held an event entitled "The Methodology for Sustainable Development Index: Possible Alternatives."
Armenian specialists' past-twenty-year work carried out in this direction was presented during the event, MFA Press Service informs.
The meeting brought together around forty individuals and representatives from several countries, international and social organizations, and from the scientific circles.
The event was moderated by Armenia's Nature Protection Deputy Minister Simon Papyan.
And the Armenian Government's Deputy Chief of Staff Tigran Gevorgyan delivered opening remarks and presented the PM's message.
NORMALIZATION OF ARMENIAN-TURKISH RELATIONS WILL POSITIVELY IMPACT REGION - US ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF STATE
- 1795 Birth of Alexander Griboedov (Russian ambassador to Persia). He worked for the return of Armenians from Persia to Armenia. He died in 1829.
- 1870 The Tsar publishes the statutes on towns.
- 1895 Start of the first defence of Van (until June 20).
- 1915 Ambassador Morgenthau explicitly described to the United States Department of State the policy of the Young Turk government as a campaign of "race extermination", and was instructed, by United States Secretary of State Robert Lansing, that the "Department approves your procedure ... to stop Armenian persecution".