YEREVAN MAYOR MEETS WITH JAPANESE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION REPRESENTATIVES
- YEREVAN. - Armenia's capital city Yerevan Mayor Taron Margaryan received the representatives from Japan's Soka Gakkai International (SGI) Association, who are in Yerevan to present the photo exhibition of SGI President Daisaku Ikeda.
Welcoming the guests, the Mayor pointed to the high level in Armenian-Japanese cooperation. And appreciating the Association's activities toward creating new values, Margaryan expressed a readiness for future collaboration.
In his turn, SGI Executive Director Kenji Yoshigo presented the Association's mission and noted that Daisaku Ikeda's personal creations were displayed in more than 130 world cities. Also, Yoshigo stressed that the Yerevan exhibition is a good opportunity for developing relations.
At the end of the meeting, Mayor Taron Margaryan extended his well wishes to the SGI's 84-year old President, Daisaku Ikeda
- 1The first snake-bite case was reported Thursday in Armenia's Lori Region. The incident occurred in Spitak city at around 3pm, Armenian News-NEWS.am's Lori regional reporter informed. The snake bit the ...
- 1826 Sultan Mahmud the Second orders the killing of the Janissaries in Constantinople and later, in the provinces.
- 1889 Birth of Yervand Kochar (painter, architect). He died in 1979.
- 1906 Opening of the Second Congress of Armenian Teachers in Tbilissi (Georgia). It founded the Teachers' Union.
- 1915 The Turkish government hangs 21 leaders of the Hnchak Party in Constantinople's Bayazet square.
- 1927 Death of commander Moorad Petrosian (Kronqtsi).
- 1960 Meeting of Communist Work Brigades and "Shock Labor Forces" in Yerevan.
- 1988 The Supreme Soviet of Soviet Armenia approves the 1988 02 20 petition by the Autonomous Region of Nagorno Gharabagh to rejoin Armenia and asks the Soviet Government to rule positively in this case.