FORMER ARMENIAN POLICE CHIEF DENIES HIS ARREST RUMORS
- YEREVAN. - Former Armenian Police Chief Alik Sargsyan suggests asking those who spread rumors about his arrest to explain the reason for spreading such information, Alik Sarsgyan himself told Armenian News-NEWS.am.
"That's nonsense. Ask those who spread it why they wrote such things. I am a law-abiding person, how could I make illegitimacies which would result in such rumors," he said.
The former police chief said that he did not suspect anyone.
"Life will show, who they are," he said.
- 0 Commencement to those deported by Stalin.
- 1722 Birth of Sayat-Nova (troubadour). He died in 1795.
- 1828 Start of the Russian-Turkish War in the Caucasus.
- 1878 Mutual Defense Treaty between England and Turkey.
- 1968 Death of Rooben Darbinian, publicist and the editor of the "Hayrenik" periodical of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation Party.
- 1974 Ceremonial opening of Griboedov's monument in Yerevan.
- 1993 The Chairman of the Minsk Group proposes the Timetable of Urgent Steps to solve the Artsakh crisis.