US DOLLAR GOES DOWN AT ARMENIA'S STOCK EXCHANGE
- YEREVAN. - The average rate for the US dollar was AMD 414.46/$1 at NASDAQ OMX Armenia stock exchange on Thursday. Dollar went down by 1.54 points or by 0.37 percent as compared to Wednesday.
Dollar kicked off by $1/AMD 414 and went up to AMD 414.75. The sales totaled $2.4 million.
Dollar goes down in cash exchange offices as well. Banks buy it at the rate of AMD 414/$1, while sell at the rate of AMD 415.5/$1.
In the international market, American currency continues to weaken, while euro and Russian ruble continue to strengthen. Besides, Russian currency went up in the inter-banking market making RUR 32.5766/$1.
- 0 Commencement to those deported by Stalin.
- 1722 Birth of Sayat-Nova (troubadour). He died in 1795.
- 1828 Start of the Russian-Turkish War in the Caucasus.
- 1878 Mutual Defense Treaty between England and Turkey.
- 1968 Death of Rooben Darbinian, publicist and the editor of the "Hayrenik" periodical of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation Party.
- 1974 Ceremonial opening of Griboedov's monument in Yerevan.
- 1993 The Chairman of the Minsk Group proposes the Timetable of Urgent Steps to solve the Artsakh crisis.