ARMENIA'S INTERNAL TOURISM IS GROWING EVERY YEAR - STATE OFFICIAL
- YEREVAN. - Statistics show that internal tourism is growing every year in Armenia, Economy Ministry's Tourism and Economic Development Department Chief Mekhak Apresyan told news reporters during a briefing on Thursday.
He informed that the country's tourism agencies provide many offers in Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh.
As per Apresyan, Armenia's tourism sector is competitive in the region, even though there is still lot to do, specifically in terms of developing the infrastructures. In his words, the country's advantage as compared with its neighbors is its personnel resource.
Mekhak Apresyan said the tourism prices in Armenia are unchanged and are not higher than in Georgia. But, according to him, the prices charged for vacations in Georgia's Black Sea Coast cities of Batumi and Kobuleti cannot be compared with those charged for mountainous, or Armenian capital city Yerevan's recreation areas, since coastal zones have their peculiarities.
- 0 Commencement to those deported by Stalin.
- 1722 Birth of Sayat-Nova (troubadour). He died in 1795.
- 1828 Start of the Russian-Turkish War in the Caucasus.
- 1878 Mutual Defense Treaty between England and Turkey.
- 1968 Death of Rooben Darbinian, publicist and the editor of the "Hayrenik" periodical of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation Party.
- 1974 Ceremonial opening of Griboedov's monument in Yerevan.
- 1993 The Chairman of the Minsk Group proposes the Timetable of Urgent Steps to solve the Artsakh crisis.