ARMENIAN MAN, WHOSE DEAD BODY WAS FOUND IN RIVER, IS IDENTIFIED
- The identity of the man, whose dead body was found Thursday in Armenia's Hrazdan River, is determined.
To note, Armenia's Rescue Service received information on the same day at 11:22am that the dead body of a man was discovered at the River's starting point in the Kotayk Region, and that rescuers were needed to remove the body from the River.
A special water rescue squad was dispatched to the scene.
And as a result, the rescuers removed the body of Sevan city resident Davit Hovhannisyan, 55, from the River.
- 0 Commencement to those deported by Stalin.
- 1722 Birth of Sayat-Nova (troubadour). He died in 1795.
- 1828 Start of the Russian-Turkish War in the Caucasus.
- 1878 Mutual Defense Treaty between England and Turkey.
- 1968 Death of Rooben Darbinian, publicist and the editor of the "Hayrenik" periodical of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation Party.
- 1974 Ceremonial opening of Griboedov's monument in Yerevan.
- 1993 The Chairman of the Minsk Group proposes the Timetable of Urgent Steps to solve the Artsakh crisis.