YOUNG WOMAN'S HUSBAND BETRAYS, BEATS AND INFECTS HER
- YEREVAN. - An Armenian woman named Mara, 36, who got married at a younger age, finds out that her marriage was based on financial interest, besides, her husband married her so she would take care of her parents-in-law, both of whom had cancer, she told Armenian News-NEWS.am.
She said that her husband had betrayed, beaten, cursed, and even infected her with sexual decease. In addition, he infected their son as well. Bearing no more her life, she decided to divorce and turned to the Women Right Center. She got free legal and psychological assistance in the center.
All those women who are subjected to physical, sexual, economic violence may turn to Center or call the hot line 54 28 28 and get free assistance.
- 0 Commencement to those deported by Stalin.
- 1722 Birth of Sayat-Nova (troubadour). He died in 1795.
- 1828 Start of the Russian-Turkish War in the Caucasus.
- 1878 Mutual Defense Treaty between England and Turkey.
- 1968 Death of Rooben Darbinian, publicist and the editor of the "Hayrenik" periodical of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation Party.
- 1974 Ceremonial opening of Griboedov's monument in Yerevan.
- 1993 The Chairman of the Minsk Group proposes the Timetable of Urgent Steps to solve the Artsakh crisis.