DOLLAR IS "ENRAGED" IN ARMENIA YET AGAIN
- YEREVAN. - After a relative stability for several days, the US dollar's exchange rate once again started to rapidly rise in Armenia's financial market.
Its average exchange rate against the Armenian Dram (AMD) comprised AMD 413.5/$1, at NASDAQ OMX Armenia stock exchange on Monday, and this is a 0.34-percent—or a 1.4-point—growth from the previous trading session.
The stock exchange closed the session at AMD 413.8/$1.
And the total sales were $1.2 million.
The dollar's buying exchange rate increased up to AMD 412.5/$1, in Armenia's exchange offices, and its selling starts at AMD 414/$1.
- 1920 The Russian Communist Party's Armenian wing is recreated as the Communist (Bolshevik) Party of Armenia with its Central Committee and Foreign Bureau.
- 1935 The Institute of History and Literature was created within the People's Commissariat of Education.
- 1942 Death of Professor Ashkharhabek Qalantarian (Lorees Qalantar), armenologist, archeologist, and historian.
- 1997 Start of the Genocide Scholar's Conference at Concordia University (Montreal). It adopted a resolution that the large-scale murder that took place in Turkey in 1915 was a Genocide, which conforms to the UN Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of Genocide.