ROAD ACCIDENT ON ARMENIA'S HIGHWAY
- YEREVAN. - A Mercedes Benz first crashed into a Mazda and then hit a ZIL MMZ 45021-model truck on Armenia's Yerevan-Gyumri Highway, on Saturday at around 1pm.
As a result, the drivers of the Mercedes Benz and the Mazda plus the latter's two passengers sustained injuries and were transferred to hospital where, however, Mazda's driver Surik Amaryan, 24, did not regain consciousness and lost his life, the Police Press Service informed Armenian News-NEWS.am.
An investigation is underway.
- 1920 The Russian Communist Party's Armenian wing is recreated as the Communist (Bolshevik) Party of Armenia with its Central Committee and Foreign Bureau.
- 1935 The Institute of History and Literature was created within the People's Commissariat of Education.
- 1942 Death of Professor Ashkharhabek Qalantarian (Lorees Qalantar), armenologist, archeologist, and historian.
- 1997 Start of the Genocide Scholar's Conference at Concordia University (Montreal). It adopted a resolution that the large-scale murder that took place in Turkey in 1915 was a Genocide, which conforms to the UN Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of Genocide.