ARMENIAN, CHINESE ATTORNEY GENERALS SIGN COOPERATION PROGRAM
- YEREVAN. - Armenia's Prosecutor General Aghvan Hovsepyan and China's Procurator General Cao Jianming on Monday signed the 2012-2013 cooperation program.
In line with this program, the parties will convene joint seminars and roundtable discussions on a variety of topics.
They expressed a hope that the aforementioned program will bring a new quality to the cooperation between the prosecutor general's offices of both countries.
To note, Armenia's Prosecutor General's Office and China's Supreme People's Procuratorate had signed the first such cooperation agreement in 1999, in Beijing.
The Chinese delegation led by Cao Jianming arrived in Yerevan on June 9 and at the invitation of Aghvan Hovsepyan. The guests got acquainted with Armenia's prosecutorial system and discussed the providing of legal assistance in criminal matters.
Also, the delegation from China toured Armenia's cultural and historical monuments, and on Tuesday it will visit the Armenian Genocide Memorial and the Genocide Museum and pay its respects to the Genocide victims.
- 1920 The Russian Communist Party's Armenian wing is recreated as the Communist (Bolshevik) Party of Armenia with its Central Committee and Foreign Bureau.
- 1935 The Institute of History and Literature was created within the People's Commissariat of Education.
- 1942 Death of Professor Ashkharhabek Qalantarian (Lorees Qalantar), armenologist, archeologist, and historian.
- 1997 Start of the Genocide Scholar's Conference at Concordia University (Montreal). It adopted a resolution that the large-scale murder that took place in Turkey in 1915 was a Genocide, which conforms to the UN Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of Genocide.