DEFENSE LINE REQUIRES REINFORCEMENT - ARMENIAN OPPOSITION
- YEREVAN. - Armenia's and Karabakh defense line with Azerbaijan requires reinforcement, opposition Armenian National Movement representative Hovhannes Igityan told the journalists on Friday commenting the recent incidents on the Armenian-Azerbaijani line of the contact. He said that the world community has not responded it properly, and he agrees with the Artsakh [Nagorno-Karabakh] war hero, Commander Arkadi Ter-Tadevosyan that the defense line requires reinforcement.
"Our strategic ally and partner within the CSTO, Russia, has limited itself to expressing concern. Whereas, according to the CSTO document, in case of aggression towards one of the member states, the organization forms a joint commission to study reasons and degree of danger. The CSTO will not interfere in the incidents on the line of the contact with Karabakh, while the recent diversion operations were carried out against Armenia, a member state of the organization," the opposition figure said.
- 1YEREVAN. - Armenia's former Premier and head of Knightsbridge group of companies Armen Sargsyan, together with the governor of Russia's Leningrad Oblast (Region), intends to invest US$1 billion in the ...
- 1STEPANAKERT. - The adversary's vanguard subdivisions continue to breach the ceasefire along the entire length of the of the contact line between the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (NKR) and Azerbaijani opposing ...
- 1Turkish ambassador to Bulgaria said his country has never had and will never have territorial claims to Bulgaria and other neighbors, Focus agency reports. During a meeting with Bulgarian Foreign Minister ...
- 1769 The independence program for Armenia, as developed by Movses Sarafian, is shown to the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- 1860 The Governor of Marash, Khurshid Pasha lauches an attack against Zeitoon. He is routed.
- 1908 Death of Gevorg Dodokhyan (poet). He was born in 1830 in Gogenlo (Crimea, the Ukraine).
- 1939 The opening of the Armenian Pedagogical School Department in Tbilisi.
- 1954 Death of Arshak Chobanian, writer and literary critic. He was born in 1872.